NationCHAT is offering FREE custom vHosts to all our IRC network users.
WHAT IS A VHOST?
A host is the part that comes after the @ when you join a channel on IRC.
A vHost (aka virtual host) is a feature on NationCHAT IRC Network that allows users to replace their hostmask with a custom host (something a little more creative) and hiding their real ISP vHost (virtual host).
DONT I ALREADY HAVE A VHOST?
By default you can hide your real host by a standard vhost (using /mode your_nickname +x) which everyone who owns a registered username gets (e.g. [yout_username].users.nationchat.org ), this tutorial is if you want a custom one.
CUSTOM VHOST RULES:
- must contain at least two dots (.) characters.
- must be all in lower-case.
- do not use special symbols e.g. ‘%’, ‘&’, ‘$’, ‘#’, etc.
- must not be an IP or look like an IP e.g. 127.0.0.1, etc.
- must not refer to other networks/spamming.
- must not mimic any government organizations (*.gov, FVI, *.gc.ca, etc.) or any private organizations which have government affiliations.
- must not contain bad, racist or forbidden words e.g. ‘ircop’, ‘admin’, ‘network’, ‘nationchat’, etc.
- do not use vHosts to ban evade. Ban evasion will result in a network ban.
HOW TO REQUEST A CUSTOM VHOST
If your custom vHost meets all the rules, first you must have a registered username for at least 3 days.
Once that is done, simply connect to NationCHAT IRC Network, and use the syntax: /msg V request & follow the instructions.
CUSTOM VHOST EXAMPLE:
MY VHOST IS GONE? WHAT CAN I DO?
There are various reasons for removal, including abuse, disciplinary action, violation of vHost rulesand “housekeeping“. Nick groups containing multiple vHosts may also be randomly merged into 1 host.
- 1st Offense 1 month
- 2nd Offense 6 months
- 3rd Offense 1 year
Any user wishing to appeal their ban can do so through the support ticket system or by speaking to a Network Administrator.
REPORT VHOST ABUSE
In the case that a user is abuisng their vHost, it can be bought to the attention of network staff by contacting #Help or sending an email to email@example.com. Please provide all essential evidence and information in your report.
As always, you are welcome to ask in #Help if you need assistance with any questions or problems.
Please be patient and respect the vHost Team Members for their work, they do it for free – and for you.